Miller Stephen has left a new comment on your post "'If he slips, he falls. If he falls, he dies' -- C...":
Boulder problem
Honnold chose to climb the southwest face of the wall, a familiar route known as Freerider, which is split into 30 different pitches.
But this particular route included a perilous sequence which spooked the seemingly unflappable Honnold -- the Boulder Problem.
The section involves a number of intricate movements with Honnold clinging onto pea-sized ledges 2,000 feet above the meadow below.
It culminates in a vertigo-inducing karate kick to an opposing wall, where his life depends on whether he makes contact with a toe-sized ledge.
Every move of the climb has been choreographed.
"I think if that section of the route hadn't existed [...], I probably would have soloed El Cap several years sooner," said Honnold, who had practiced that particular section 60 times with ropes -- falling on a number of occasions.
However, the very thing that made this section so daunting turned out to be an advantage because by the time Honnold had reached it he had found his rhythm. He was confident.
"I had done so much climbing, I was so deeply in the zone," he said, talking through the delicate sequence of moves.
"I was performing so well that by the time I got there I felt incredible and I just executed it perfectly."
Unsubscribe from comment emails for this blog.
Posted by Miller Stephen to Học Để Thi at February 24, 2019 at 10:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Erin Burnett has left a new comment on your post " CNN's Brianna Keilar breaks down 37 times Trump wa... ": Trump spread...
-
LEARN HOW This e-mail has been sent to walter923vargas@gmail.com, click here to unsubscri...
-
ÔN THI HỌC KÌ 1 - TOÁN THỰC TẾ LỚP 6 ÔN THI HỌC KÌ 1 - TOÁN THỰC TẾ LỚP 6 Posted: 05 Oct 2020 02:56...
-
The White House Press Secretary on Trump's push to reopen schools: "The science should not stand in the way of this....
-
Getting started 1. Go to GrabPoints and sign up for free. 2. Once you've signed up, an invitation code will be sent to your email addres...
-
Hướng dẫn giải một số bài toán "Phân Tích Đa Thức Thành Nhân Tử" nâng cao Hướng dẫn giải một số ...
-
Difference Between Customs And Traditions Today's custom is the tradition of tomorrow. The two words can be used as synonyms while press...
-
Sen. Tim Scott: Joe Biden made the “most condescending and arrogant comments toward the black community he has ever heard.” ...
-
Virginia gubernatorial candidates Terry McAuliffe and Glenn Youngkin remain deadlocked as they enter the final weekend before Election Day, ...
-
Limited-time offer, buy now! ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏...
No comments:
Post a Comment